How is Christmas only 10 days away?! I think many of us feel as though 2020 has inched by at a glacial pace, but somehow the end of the year has seemed to slip away in the blink of an eye. Today I’ve put together a few last minute gifts with a focus on sustainability! Just because you’re shopping last minute doesn’t mean you have to rely only on fast fashion options – here are 10 lovely sustainable gift ideas along with ordering deadlines for Christmas delivery!
LAST MINUTE SUSTAINABLE GIFT IDEAS
- Give them a gift that keeps on giving – a houseplant! Patch is a UK-based online plant shop with beautiful and affordable plants. My personal favorites are the fiddle leaf, ivy, and monstera plants. You can gift someone a lovely plant with a pot for as little as £10. The Christmas order deadline for London customers is 20th December, and for the rest of the UK it’s 18th December.
- Urban Nature Culture make some gorgeous stainless steel shell teaspoons (I have them myself!) and would make a great gift for a tea or coffee lover. Order by 17th December for standard delivery by Christmas.
- COS is one of my favorite sustainable brands, and they have some really nice cozy sets right now. Gift someone this luxe recycled cashmere cardigan and trouser set for a cozy gift they’ll love all season long. Order with express delivery by 20th December to ensure Christmas delivery.
- Veja is one of my favorite sustainable trainer brands. They’ve truly created their entire business model around a more sustainable and eco-friendly supply chain. Their trainers are incredibly chic as well and the perfect gift for the girl (or guy!) on the go. Order by 18th December with expedited shipping.
- My absolute favorite perfume (and the only one I wear anymore) is L’Eau Sézane. They’re currently offering customizable bottles, so you can have their name put on the label! There’s nothing quite as special as a personalized gift. Order today to ensure Christmas delivery!
- A tea subscription to the Brew Tea Company would be perfect for any tea lover. Based in Manchester, they source all of their tea from local farmers and use 100% recyclable packaging in all of their products. You can choose to gift a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription and can choose their blend and add in some extras as well! They ship worldwide – the shipping deadline for UK orders is 21st December for standard delivery, and if you’re in the states you should order today and choose express delivery.
- NEOM Organics has quickly become one of my favorite well-being brands in the recent weeks. I ordered a few bits from them on Black Friday and have been really pleased with all of them. A personal favorite is the de-stress candle. It’s made from organic vegetable waxes and highly-concentrated pure essential oils and would make such a lovely gift. Order by 17th December for standard UK delivery, and ASAP for international.
- Cuyana makes some really beautiful leather goods – I love this chic half moon bag that can be worn as a shoulder bag and a crossbody bag. It’s made in Italy from a small family-owned factory, and you can have it monogrammed for the recipient which always adds a special touch. Order with ground shipping by 17th December.
- Arket is another one of my go-to sustainable brands, and this cozy checked wool scarf would make a great gift for any lady in your life (it’s on my Christmas wish list as well!). I also love this wool and alpaca knitted jogging trouser and jumper set. The wool comes from non-mulesed sheep, which is definitely something to look for when purchasing sustainable wool products. Order with express delivery by 20th December.
- The Citizenry is a really lovely home goods shop. Everything is artisan made – their team travels the world to find the best craftspeople and materials. This boucle throw blanket would make such a cozy gift for your interior design loving friend or someone who just moved into a new home. Order with premium delivery by 18th December.
I hope this post gave you a few unique ideas for some last minute sustainable gifts that aren’t socks or Bath & Body Works products 😉