The Black Lives Matter social media storm has died down and we’ve returned to our new “normal” lives. You posted your black square, perhaps took some time off from posting yourself, and probably had some not so fun realizations that you haven’t been as actively anti-racist as you could be. But we simply can’t stop there. Allyship is a lifelong commitment, and not a trend on Instagram. Before I returned to outfit posts here on the blog, I felt it was important to share a few resources with you so that you can continue to education yourself and be and ally in everyday life.
- This TED talk on how racial bias works
- 13th on Netflix
- Black-ish (especially the episode ‘Hope’ in season 2 which shines a spotlight on police brutality)
- When They See Us
- The Hate U Give
- Why I’m no Longer Talking to White People About Race
- White Fragility
- How to be an Antiracist
- Girl, Woman, Other
- Golde: This is an amazing wellness brand – try their famous turmeric latte blend!
- Brother Vellies: Beautiful leather shoes and handbags that specialize in making basic shoe silhouettes in nudes for every skin tone.
- Briogeo: A fabulous clean, all-natural hair care line that caters to hair of all textures.
- Cushnie: Minimal and elegant clothing for women.
- Oma the Label: The chicest jewelry line!
- Riot Swim: The perfect swimsuits for dreaming about travel again.
- Jungalow: Update your WFH space with pieces from this gorgeously curated home shop.
- And here are many, many more!
- The LoveLand Foundation
- Black Lives Matter
- Campaign Zero
- Color of Change
- The American Civil Liberties Union
I hope you found this helpful in continuing to make anti-racism a part of your daily life, and DON’T FOGET TO VOTE!!