Another weekend in lockdown means another weekend brainstorming fun things to do – that don’t require leaving the house. Today I’m sharing 15 creative things to do this weekend at home!
15 CREATIVE THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND
- Try an at home tie dye kit. Here’s a great article that shows you how to do several different methods (who know there so many?).
- Learn how to do a fancy new hair braiding style via YouTube. I’ve always wanted to know how to do a fishtail braid.
- Make friendship bracelets. I ordered a bunch of beads and some string from Amazon and have had so much fun putting together bracelets for friends.
- Bake a cake and experiment with icing and cake decorating. Optional but highly recommended: binge Great British Bakeoff while you bake!
- Learn how to write in calligraphy.
- Hang a gallery wall. Now is a great time to fill those blank walls you’ve been meaning to decorate!
- Learn a TikTok dance. I’ve been having a ton of fun trying a few TikTok dances – you don’t have to publish them, but they’re fun to learn and it’s dancing is a great way to exercise while inside.
- Try your hand at nail art (or even just try painting your nails – I haven’t done my own in ages!).
- Plant herb pots. They’re easy to grow and maintain, and what’s better than fresh cilantro and basil?
- Take an online wine course. No better time than quarantine to perfect your wine tasting skills (and pretend your’re in Italy in the process).
- DIY an at home spa day. Make your own face mask (here’s some recipes to try), put on some relaxing tunes, and enjoy a good bubble bath!
- Organize your wardrobe by color. If you haven’t tidied up your closet by now, what have you even been doing in quarantine?! If you want to take things a step further, organize everything by color. I like to put mine in my rainbow order 🙂
- Try the art of floral arranging. It’s harder than it seems!
- Re-style a bookshelf. You can completely transform the look of a shelf by rearranging it with pieces you already have.
- Learn how to make latte art. You can impress all your friends at brunch when this over!
What are your weekend plans? Have you tried any of these creative activities?