With all this extra time inside, I think a lot of us have been investing in our home decor more than ever. Having a space that you love to spend time in can make this situation feel even the smallest bit more manageable. Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite recent home buys – most items are under £50, proving that you don’t have to spend a lot to make a big difference!
MY FAVORITE HOME BUYS LATELY
- Nespresso machine and milk frother: I feel like I’ve mentioned my new coffee maker so much lately, but it’s truly been such a game changer for me while WFH. I never realized how much going out and grabbing an iced latte was a part of my daily routine until I wasn’t able to do it anymore. I’ve been making iced honey lattes lately and they are SO GOOD (the cold froth setting on the milk frother is the best!).
- Gold & glass storage box: I bought this as a pretty way to store my makeup, and it exceeded my expectations. It’s under £20 but looks much more expensive, and the quality is incredible.
- Embroidered bee pillow: I love this little bee pillow! I keep it on my desk chair and it’s the perfect accent piece.
- Desk chair: Having a comfy desk chair has never been more important – bonus points if it’s chic too!!
- Gold mirror: This is honestly the mirror of my dreams, I’m so obsessed with it! Never underestimate how much a mirror can open up a space and make it feel larger.
- Patterned wardrobe knobs: Changing out the knobs on a dresser or wardrobe is such an easy and affordable way to elevate your space. I chose some pretty blue patterned knobs for my Ikea wardrobe and it instantly made it look more chic, and less Ikea.
- Jute rug: I’m a big fan of an accent rug. This one is simple, neutral, and would work in a lot of different spaces.
- White curtains: Having white curtains up (not blackout ones) is like adding a dreamy Instagram filter to your room. It makes the light so soft and pretty, and I find it really soothing!
- Waffled bath towels: If you also live in the UK or Europe then you understand the struggles of not having a tumble dryer (they’re incredibly rare over here). Hang drying fluffy towels just doesn’t work – they get stiff and crunchy after just a few washes! Enter the waffle towel. It air dries nicely and honestly makes me feel like I’m at the spa! These ones are currently on sale so I bought them in white and beige.
- Faux monstera leaf: I love having flowers and my plants in my room but I just don’t have the best green thumb – they always end up dying! I have a vase that I refill with fresh flowers every week, but the rest of my plants are faux. I love this pretty statement leaf! I’m going to put it in a bud vase on top of my dresser.
SHOP THE POST
Have you updated your home at all during this time? What did you do?