Now, even more than ever, small businesses need our support. Everyone has been affected by the pandemic in one way or another, but small businesses have been hit especially hard. Here are few simple ways to support your favorite local shops and business during these uncertain times.
HOW TO SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES RIGHT NOW
- Order takeaway. Many local restaurants are still offering delivery, so be sure to take advantage and order in your fave meals whenever you can! I also recommend checking their website to see if you can order direct from the restaurant instead of using a third party app like Deliveroo or Uber Eats. These companies take a cut of the restaurants profits, so try to order direct when available.
- Tip well. If you’re able to, tip your delivery drivers a little extra right now.
- Buy gift cards. Is your favorite shop or restaurant not delivering right now? Order a gift card to use when things re-open!
- Engage on social media. Liking, commenting, and re-sharing posts from your favorite brands, influencers, and restaurants is a really quick and easy way to support small businesses. Influencers are small business owners too!
- Leave a good review. Did you order a meal that you absolutely loved? Get a new pair of joggers that are softer than kittens? Now that we’re all staying home, I know you’ve got 3 minutes to spare to write a glowing review on their site!
- Share your experience on social media. Similar to leaving a good review on their site, if you had a phenomenal experience with a local shop or restaurant share it on social media and tag them!
- Shop through affiliate links. Did a blogger recommend something that you want to try? Be sure to purchase the item using their affiliate link. It doesn’t cost you, the consumer, any extra and it helps support your favorite influencers.
- Take part in online classes. Many brands and business are offering really fun online classes as a way to reach customers while we’re home. My friend Whitney of Blonde Atlas is doing some amazing online travel courses to keep your wanderlust alive, and Barry’s Bootcamp is doing free IG Live classes everyday so you can keep fit at home.
What have been some of your favorite local businesses during this time?