October is an amazing time of the year to visit Paris. This was my first time seeing the city in autumn, and it was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. The air was crisp, the leaves had already turned stunning shades of gold (this year at least – I’m sure the timing of this varies!), and the summer crowds were long gone. In today’s post I’m going to share what to pack for a trip to Paris in October, as well as everything that I wore while I was there!
PARIS IN OCTOBER – WHAT I WORE
SWEATER DRESS | BERET | DIOR SADDLE BAG | BROWN BOOTIES | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES
LEOPARD JACQUARD DRESS | YSL ‘WALLET ON A CHAIN’ BAG | HEADBAND | HEELS
SWEATER | CORDUROY PANTS | PLAID HEADBAND | DIOR SADDLE BAG | SNEAKERS (NOT PICTURED)
CABLE KNIT SWEATER | OVERSIZE SCARF (SIMILAR) | SKINNY JEANS | BROWN BOOTIES | PLAID HEADBAND | LOUIS VUITTON ‘MONTAINGE’ BAG | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES
SWEATER | PLAID SKIRT | LOUIS VUITTON ‘MONTAINGE’ BAG | BROWN BOOTIES
PARIS IN OCTOBER – WHAT TO PACK
- Sweaters: I went in early October and it was already quite chilly in the mornings and evenings (around 50 degrees), so I definitely recommend packing layers. Cashmere sweaters would be the perfect layer over a lightweight tee.
- Scarves: This is another great layering option, especially if you’re staying for a few days and want to get multiple wears out of certain pieces. Adding a scarf is a great way to change up the look of an outfit.
- Lightweight jackets: You’ll definitely want to have a lightweight jacket or two. But in my opinion a puffer coat isn’t necessary (especially if you layer well). Anything from a leather jacket, to a Barbour coat, to a wool coat would be great options.
- Pants: I recommend bringing a few different pairs of pants to switch up your outfits. A great pair of jeans, some corduroy trousers, and a pair of black leggings would be a great base to create many different looks.
- Midi skirts & dresses: This is the perfect time of year to wear midi length skirts and dresses. Pair with a chunky sweater and booties for a chic autumnal look.
- Comfy walking shoes: A pair of comfortable shoes for walking around is a must in Paris at any time of year. I recommend a pair of cute sneakers such as Veja or Golden Goose!
- Booties: It’s definitely cool enough to break out the booties in October. Plus, they’re a great way to elevate your autumn outfits.
- Umbrella: October can be a bit rainy in Paris. So it would be smart to pack a travel umbrella just in case you encounter some showers.
Have you been to Paris in October? What did you think?
I love all of these outfits…not just for Paris, but Fall anywhere!
I cannot get over how pretty it is there in fall! I love your cable knit sweater with the neutral scarf!
SO MANY perfect looks!!! The first might be my favorite! What a great trip.
xx rebecca // the crystal press
These pictures are so amazing and really giving me the travel bug! Loving all of your cute headbands!!
Love all of the chunky sweaters and booties! SO cute. I’m dying to get over to Europe in 2020!
You look so Parisian chic in your beret, black and Dior/Louis Vuitton! Love the corduroy pants too.
I am loving all of your outfits babe! Definitely makes me want to book a spontaneous trip there asap!!
cute & little
Never been to Paris in the fall but this makes me want to go! I love everything you wore, and all of the pictures!
Okay I am obsessed with ALL of these looks! They are so perfect Mollie – loving your plaid headband!
xo Laura Leigh
Your autumn outfits for Paris are just to die for. Autumn is my favorite season no matter what, but I can only imagine that it’s spectacular in France. Love these looks so much!
Your photos are all gorgeous! I am obsessed with that plaid headband and love Paris during fall.