Moore Please! is a monthly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately. From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about my current favorites here!
Happy last Friday of September! October is one of my favorite months of the year, so I’m really excited that it’s almost arrived. While September in London definitely brings autumn temps, I feel like most places are still quite warm. October has always felt like the official start to all things cozy – sweater weather, pumpkin spice everything, oversized scarves, warm apple cider, etc. And you can’t forget about all the Halloween candy! 😉
I’m headed into Paris this weekend for a quick little trip to meet up with Whitney (who else?! I swear we have separation anxiety lol) and shoot some fall content. I’m really excited to see Paris at this time of year – I’ve seen winter and spring, but not autumn! If you have any recommendations on where we can find pretty fall leaves in Paris this time of year, definitely let me know.
Speaking of fall leaves, I’m headed to Poland next month with Whitney and Victoria. I’ve heard that the colors there are absolutely stunning this time of year. If you have any recommendations on where to stay, eat, etc please send them my way!
Autumn is definitely my favorite season for clothing, but I’m trying to be pragmatic with my purchases this year. When I flipped my closet from summer to fall earlier this month, I made a point to clear out anything that hasn’t been touched in over a year. My closet feels so refined and clean right now, and I’d love to keep it that way! I noticed a few items that could either be updated because they’ve been well loved, or that are missing from my wardrobe altogether. But other than that I’m going to very careful with my purchases through the end of the year. Not only is it better for my wallet, but it’s better for the environment too.
With that said, here are the few additions I’ve made to my closet this month:
- A classic black biker boot. While I used to not consider myself a biker boot kind of gal, London has really turned me onto them. Not only is it a very practical shoe choice, but the right pair can be really chic. It was love at first sight when I found these – the gold accents, the soft leather, the slightly pointed toe. They have a feminine touch which is why they’re the perfect pair for me! I think I’ll be wearing them nearly every day because they are SO comfortable.
- A pop of color wool coat. Living in London has really caused my wool coat collection to grow – it doesn’t get as cold here as it does in NYC, so I found myself reaching for wool coats most of the winter and not my big parka. I got the classic colors last year such as black and camel, but I wanted something with a bit of color this year. I saw this pink one in the store and practically bought it without even trying it on!
- A chic camel blazer. I wore my black and plaid blazers to death last season, so I decided it was time to add a camel one to the mix. The fit and structure of this one (pictured above) is everything. It does run a bit big, I got an XS and am still going to have to take it to the tailor, but the quality is there so it’s worth the effort!
- Did you catch my Portofino, Italy travel guide from Wednesday?
- Disney announced the lineup for it’s new Disney+ streaming service, and I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty impressed (all 3 Zenon movies?!). Unfortunately they haven’t set a release date for Disney+ in the UK, but all my US peeps can start watching November 12th.
- Ralph Lauren has launched a Rachel Green collection in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Friends.
Have a lovely last weekend of September!
Sounds like you have some really exciting travels coming up! Can’t wait to read about them! 🙂