Moore Please! is a weekly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately. From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about my current favorites here!
Happy February! I can honestly say that I’m very pleased to see January go. It’s always a tough time for me content-wise (I blame it on the post holiday blues!) and the chilly grey weather has me feeling less than inspired. However, I’m back and ready to get 2019 going here on Mollie Moore – starting with a brand new look for the site! I loved my old design, but I was a ready for a fresh new look for the new year. What do you think of the update?
Today I’m headed to lunch with my friend Kate, who recently moved over to London. We were in the same sorority in college, and I’m so happy to have another friendly face here. We’re grabbing lunch at the Chelsea staple Bluebird Cafe, and then doing some shopping on the Kings Road! I don’t have any crazy plans for the weekend, Connor and I have definitely been keeping it low key after the holidays. I’m sure we’ll grab brunch tomorrow and snap a few pics for the blog, followed by a good Netflix binge. I’ve been sucked into a Netflix black hole with Full House. The UK Netflix has all 8 season available, and I’ve been loving watching one of my favorite childhood shows from the start (sorry to all my American followers, it’s not on US Netflix). It’s also Super Bowl weekend, but the game doesn’t air until 11:30pm London time 🙁 Looks like I’ll be catching the highlight reel Monday morning lol.
I did a huge purge on my closet this month (which thanks to Marie Kondo, it seems like everyone is doing!). One of my goals for 2019 is to be more intentional with my purchases. I want to create a capsule wardrobe that’s filled with timeless, quality pieces that can be mixed and matched, and worn for years to come. My focus is quality over quantity! Below are a few of my current favorite pieces right now.
- I think this bag is going to be my next splurge (I recently accomplished a major goal I set for myself for 2019, so I earned this! More on this secret goal to come…). I love the neutral tan color and the shape is so unique without feeling too trendy.
- White mom jeans. I wear my denim and black mom jeans so often, that I figured it was time to get a white pair in the mix. I’m all about wearing white in the winter!
- I’ve gotten really into sneakers over the last few months (Connor constantly teases me that I’ve become a sneaker head!). This pair is my most recent addition and I LOVE them.
- Retro sunnies. These have a vintage inspired look without going too over the top. Plus, I scored them on major sale at Liberty London!
- Cropped sweaters have become a wardrobe staple for me, and this brand is my favorite. I bought one in every neutral color (black, white, tan, and grey). I’m 100% on board with buying multiple color ways in a staple piece!
- Did you catch Wednesday’s post? I shared a long-awaited tour of our London apartment!
- How yummy does Laura’s Cinnamon Apple Bread sound?!
- Zara released a new logo design and you’ll either love it or hate it.
- Sinead wrote a great post about the new UK paid content disclosure rules. It’s a great read if you are a UK blogger and still confused about what’s expected going forward.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!