Moore Please! is a weekly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately. From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about my current favorites here!
I finally got back in London on Monday and it feels SO good. To be honest my trip back to the states was kind of a weird one for me. As soon as I landed in NYC I felt like I was arriving home – all I wanted to do was go to my apartment and sleep in my bed, chill out on our couch, and watch TV. It was as though I had been on a nice 4 month trip, and was finally returning home. Except for the fact that New York isn’t home right now, and we most definitely do not still have our apartment. It was strange for me to stay in a hotel while I was there, and the whole weekend was just kind of an off one. It made me realize that as much as I complain about New York, I really do miss it. It makes me happy to know that once our time in London is over (however long that may be), we’ll be moving back to NYC!
I took full advantage of being back in the states and hit up a few of my favorite stores that aren’t available to me here in London. Here are just a few of the goodies I brought back with me!
- This oversized black denim jacket. One of my favorite things about London is that fall weather comes by the end of August and lasts for several months. This means I have lots of opportunities for light jackets and cardigans, which I’ve never really had before. I swear in NYC it goes from 80 to 40 overnight! I love the oversized fit of this jacket, and the black color means you can wear it with anything.
- I’ve been losing weight thanks to Barry’s Bootcamp, so I needed a few new pairs of jeans that fit! Madewell has always been one of my faves for jeans, so I knew I wanted to stock up while I could (WHY is there no Madewell in London??). I grabbed this pair and this pair, and I’ve already worn both several times!
- I also grabbed this sweater, this t-shirt, and this jumpsuit. Can you tell I miss Madewell?!
- I couldn’t be back in the states without hitting up Target, and it definitely did not disappoint. They have the cutest fall pieces right now!! I picked up this amazing faux fur purse in orange, these pretty gold hoops, and these furry burgundy slides.
- Another spot I couldn’t resist while I was back is Sephora. A lot of people are surprised by the fact that London doesn’t have one, since Paris does. But unfortunately we do not!! RIP to my VIB Rouge status 🙁 I actually can’t even access Sephora’s website here! I still want to share what I bought with you, and everything is available at Sephora in the states – I just can’t link it to Sephora for you. I grabbed the new Summer Fridays overtime mask, a few of the Glow Recipe watermelon jelly sheet masks, and the Tatcha Goldspun lip balm (which has a cult following!).
On Monday I’m heading to Malta with Whitney of Blonde Atlas! I’m so excited to get in one last little summer weather trip, and I’m really looking forward to exploring a new country. I never imagined I would ever go to Malta – it’s crazy how unexpected life can be!
- Did you catch the official trailer for the new Mary Poppins movie? It looks SO cute. It comes out around Christmas, which is perfect timing!
- I really loved Dana’s post on why taking a break is so important (especially since I took an impromptu one myself last week!). Everyone needs to hit the reset button every now and then.
- Katie rounds up the best farms for apple cider donuts and pumpkin picking in NYC!
- Brb while I go make these 5-ingredient pumpkin protein pancakes for breakfast.
- All my Modern Family fans should read this article about the upcoming season – eeeek!!
Have a great weekend!