Last weekend I had the chance to travel to Croyde Bay with a few of my favorite blogger babes. It was my first time exploring England outside of London, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s safe to say that I was completely blown away by the beautiful coastline!
Even looking back on these photos I just can’t believe this place is real. I had no idea that England was home to such beautiful beaches and turquoise waters! We got really lucky with the weather while we were there, it was sunny and 80 every single day, so we really got to take full advantage of all that Croyde Bay has to offer. We stayed at the beautiful Croyde Bay Resort in North Devon, in one of their newly renovated lodges, and it was the perfect place to escape the busy city life of London. Below are few of my recommendations for if you find yourself in Croyde Bay!
- Hike to Baggy Point. From Croyde Bay Resort, its about an hour walk (not too steep), and the views at the top are absolutely stunning.
- Grab lunch at Putsborough Beach Cafe. It’s the cutest little lunch spot with everything from burgers to afternoon tea (so English). The view from their windows looks right over the beach and it’s so relaxing. The dress code is super casual – you can go right from the beach to lunch in your suit!
- Wander around the town. There are tons of cute little pubs, shops, and restaurants to explore, and the town itself is a quintessential England town – straight out of a storybook!
- Have a sunset beach picnic. My favorite memory of the trip is hands down our sunset beach picnic. What more can you ask for than wine, cheese, friends, and a gorgeous sunset? We set up shop right on the dunes overlooking the sea, and the view was incredible.
- Take a surf lesson! There were always tons of surfers out in the ocean, and Croyde Bay Resort offers surfing lessons to their guests. I’ve always wanted to learn – I’ll have to add this my list for next time I visit!
My trip to Croyde Bay was nothing short of spectacular, and I feel so lucky to be living in London and being able to travel to all these places I never imagined life would take me. Thank you to Croyde Bay Resort for making our weekend so memorable!