You guys know that I rarely talk about beauty on here. I’m just not that passionate about makeup (and I go most days without even wearing it!). There are so many awesome and knowledgeable beauty bloggers out there, so I like to let them be the experts on the subject. However, earlier this year I adopted a new makeup routine, and I love it so much I had to share with you!
Everything that I’m writing about today is perfect for a “no-makeup makeup” look. It’s a great everyday look that really just enhances the natural beauty you already have! I use 3 key brands, and while I’m only sharing my most used products, I would recommend anything they make! The brands are Beautycounter, RMS Beauty, and La Mer. What’s great about Beautycounter and RMS is that they are both completely free of the harmful chemicals found in most makeups. While beauty isn’t a passion of mine, skincare is. I care about what I put on my face, and these products are all safe to use and so much better for you and your skin than other brands! After going through my morning skincare routine, this is what I do:
- Beautycounter Tint Skin: This foundation is amazing because it’s super light and gives your complexion a nice, even tone. This is NOT a full coverage foundation, and I would actually classify it more as a tinted moisturizer. I dot it on my cheeks, forehead, and chin, and then spread with my fingertips. I’ve always liked to use my hands vs a blender because I feel like it gives you the most natural coverage. Right now I use the lightest shade, Porcelain – but I also purchased Linen for the summer months.
- RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up: I LOVE this cover up. It’s great for a little extra coverage on the dark circles under your eyes and any blemishes. I use shade 00.
- Beautycounter Powder Blush Duo: This is a great product because it’s a bronzer and blush in one. I naturally have a very flushed face (especially if I worked out in the morning), so I will often skip this step if I don’t need it. But when I do want a little extra color, this duo is my go-to. I have shade Tawny/Whisper.
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara: One of my favorite things about Beautycounter is that all of their products are free of harmful chemicals. This is especially important to me in an mascara. I want to be sure that anything being applied so close to my eyes isn’t going to be potentially harmful. I chose the lengthening vs the volumizing mascara because I love a long and clean eyelash look. NOTHING makes me more mad than clumpy, cakey eyelashes. I want it to look like my eyelashes are naturally that long and dark, and like I’m not even wearing any mascara – this product does just that for me.
- Beautycounter Color Define Brow Pencil: If I could do only one thing for the rest of my life, it would 100% be my eyebrows. I love a full, natural brow look. I like to fill them in first with the Beautycounter eye pencil (shade Medium), and then follow up with a clear brow gel. Right now I’m using this one from IT Cosmetics, but any clear gel would work.
- Beautycounter Lip Gloss: This lip gloss smells amazing and feels good on. I love the color Peony – It’s the perfect shade of pink!
- La Mer Pressed Powder: The last step of my makeup routine is a quick swipe of this pressed powder – I only use it if my face is looking a little shiny. It’s formulated with the same Miracle Broth as their famous face cream, so it’s like a little bit of skin care! It also smells unbelievable, and goes on silky smooth. It’s definitely a splurge, but is worth every penny.
And that’s it! The whole routine takes me about 5 minutes from start to finish. I hope you enjoyed reading a bit about my current favorite (and chemical free!) makeup products! What are your thoughts on safer beauty products?