Happy Wednesday friends! Although I’m not too excited to admit it, today is my 26th birthday. I’m officially closer to 30 than I am to 21…. Man is that a scary thought. In lieu of my usual #OOTW post, I wanted to do something a little special. I’m still trying to figure out ways to incorporate more personal posts onto the blog (I’m working on a new series for the summer so stay tuned for that…), and I thought it would be fun to share 26 little facts you don’t know about me, in honor of turning 26.
26 Things About Me You Might Not Know
- I spent most of my childhood in Wisconsin, but I was actually born in Massachusetts and lived there until I was 7. Because of this, the Patriots are my second favorite football team (after the GB Packers of course 😉 ). I always joke that my ideal Super Bowl would be a Patriots vs Packers game, because I would be happy no matter who wins!
- I’m an only child.
- I can NOT tan. I have very fair skin, and it stays that way year round. Self tanner is my jam!
- I’m currently reading Harry Potter for the first time. I’m on the third book and couldn’t be more obsessed. I can’t wait to have a major Harry Potter movie marathon once I finish all the books!
- My all time favorite snack is chips, especially garden salsa Sun Chips.
- Connor and I aren’t in a place where we’re ready to take on a puppy quite yet, but when we do I want a Pomsky (Pomeranian x Husky.)
- In 7th grade I dyed my hair dark brown. It was awful.
- My all time favorite TV show is Friends (although Gilmore Girls is giving it a run for it’s money!). I think I’ve seen every episode at least 5 times.
- While I did quit my corporate job last year to pursue my blog more seriously, I also nanny for two of the most amazing kids I’ve ever met. I could write a whole post about how much I love them and it still wouldn’t be enough!
- I HATE bananas.
- I get really bad car sickness. I can’t even look at my phone on a road trip, it’s terrible!
- I will forever be “Team LC”.
- My favorite thing to splurge on is handbags.
- I was in forensics in middle school. My category was “informative speech”, and my topics were Lizzie McGuire, French Fries, and The Olympics. #nerdalert
- The number one place on my travel bucket list is the Amalfi Coast. I’m hoping to get there sooner rather than later!
- I will always choose vanilla over chocolate.
- I was a Delta Gamma in college. ITB!!
- I’m obsessed with moisturizer, and I pile it on after every shower (even when I was a kid!). The feeling of dry skin makes me cringe.
- My favorite time of the week is Sunday morning.
- I love anything with a floral flavoring, such as a rose macaron or a lavender latte.
- I lived in Vancouver during the summer of 2012 to intern with lululemon athletica.
- I’m a terrible cook. Thank God for Trader Joe’s frozen section.
- If I could have any profession in the world I would love to be a singer. Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I was blessed with a beautiful singing voice! That doesn’t stop me from belting it out in the shower though…
- I’m so bad at returning texts. If you’ve texted me and I didn’t respond, I sincerely apologize – It’s not you, its me.
- I get a hangover from 2 glasses of wine these days. Welcome to 26.
- If I could give some advice to my younger self, it would be to not worry so much about what other people think. And to wear more sunscreen.
Loving these things about me? Click here now for more of my lifestyle!
Loved reading this, we definitely have a lot in common! Cheers to 26, babe!
xo Amanda John
Such a fun read! And happiest birthday!
Happy Birthday! I loved this post!
Yay I love these kinds of posts! Its so fun to get to know the girl behind the blog!
xo Kelsey | http://www.chasingcinderellablog.com
Happy birthday! SO fun to get to know the girl behind the blog!
Happy birthday pretty girl! I loved learning all of this about you!
April | http://www.thebluehydrangeas.com
A pomsky sounds adorable! And I have motion sickness too, boo! Happy birthday!
Thanks for doing a personal post. It’s fun to get to know you more. I also can’t tan if I tried and I hate bananas!! I did a post like this a few weeks ago when I turned 28. It’s hard to come up with all those things so great job! ❤️
Happy birthday! Love this post! Welcome to bad hangovers but so many great times ahead! I also want to go to the Amalfi coast….it’s next on my travel bucket list!
Ummm hello?? Vanilla over chocolate?? No way! Chocolate is the best 😉
(and happy birthday!)
What a fun idea – happy birthday!
OMG I loathe bananas too!! And I’m exactly the opposite as #3 .. I tan really quickly and have never tried self-tanner! haha .. I hope you had a FABULOUS birthday!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
This is such a great post! Happy birthday!