This year I’m kicking off my holiday gift guides with a roundup of some amazing Black-owned businesses to support this season. From sustainable candles to beautiful homeware to luxe jewelry, you can find something for everyone on your Christmas list!
10 BLACK-OWNED BUSINESSES TO SUPPORT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
1. Selfmade Candles: Selfmade Candles is a lovely UK candle brand that makes sustainable soy and essential oil candles. They even have seeded labels, which means that once your candle is burned through, you can plant the label in the empty glass jar! How incredible is that?! Airy, Naughty & Nice, or Chai Spice would all make great stocking stuffers.
2. Soapsmith: Soapsmith is a London-based, eco-friendly hand soap brand. Their products are vegan, organic, and their (majorly chic) packaging is 100% recyclable. All of the scents are named after different boroughs of London, which makes such a fun gift! Their Christmas Scent is based around the Columbia Road Flower Market and sounds absolutely divine. They also do hand lotion and bath salts, which would make a fab gift for anyone on your list.
3. KNC Beauty: KNC Beauty makes the ultimate stocking stuffer pieces! The shooting star shaped retinol eye masks are sure to be a hit with any beauty lover, and their SupaBalm lip balm has a cult following.
4. Sammi Maria Jewelry: Sammi Maria is a jewelry brand that specializes in incredibly wearable everyday jewelry. With a focus on ethics, each piece is made-to-order so that no precious metals go to waste. My personal favorite is the Copenhagen chain necklace!
5. Golde: Golde is a wellness and beauty brand based in Brooklyn, NY. Their products are all 100% natural and vegan, and would make the perfect gift for the wellness-focused friend in your life. Their Turmeric Latte Blend has a cult status, but I think the papaya Bright Face Mask sounds divine as well!
6. OUI the People: Oui the People is a skincare and shave brand that makes luxe razors and bath products. Their razors are absolutely stunning and would make a great stocking stuffer (I mean truly, who ever splurges on razors for themselves? But having a high quality one makes such a difference!). I think the Tone it Around Set would make a lovely gift for any lady in your life.
7. Jungalow: Jungalow is super chic home goods store, with the nicest selection of vases, decorative cushions, throws, and more. I’m obsessed with everything on their site! It’s definitely a dangerous one for me personally since I just moved into a new flat – I’ve got my eyes on all things home goods! This is the perfect site to shop for unique gifts for your interiors obsessed friend.
8. OMA the Label: OMA the Label makes the most stunning gold jewelry you’ve ever seen! I truly want every piece, it’s all so beautiful. A gift from this brand would be perfect for your friend who’s into classic gold chains and stacked earrings and rings. My top picks are the Knot Earrings and the Chonu Hoops!
9. Estelle Colored Glass: You’ve probably seen the Estelle Colored Glass wine glasses all over Instagram by now, but they do all sorts of glassware such as cake stands and decanters. I’ve got my eye on the on the Amber Smoke stemmed wine glasses – fingers crossed Santa reads here! 😉
10. lemlem: lemlem is a brand that I’ve been shopping at for years – my first job out of college was as a buyer at Steven Alan, and they carried them! lemlem is an ethical brand committed to expanding jobs in Africa. Their products are all handwoven from natural cotton in Ethiopia. lemlem is perfect for your sustainable-focused friend! My personal favorites are their face masks and scarves.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup of some of my favorite Black-owned businesses. Be sure to bookmark this post to reference when doing your holiday shopping this season!