I think it’s safe to say that a lot of us have been relying on Amazon more now than ever before. Today I’m sharing a few recent Amazon buys that are helping me get through these strange times!
* Shop this image by clicking directly on the products! *
As some of you may know, I moved into a new flat in Notting Hill just before things really got crazy here. Like with any move, there have been so many random things I’ve needed to purchase to make the space feel more like home. Normally I would head to H&M or Zara Home to pick up these items, but with stores closed across the country I’ve had to rely on online shopping to get the job done. These are a few of my favorite Amazon purchases recently!
RECENT AMAZON BUYS
- Nespresso Vertuo Plus: This was a bit of a splurge purchase, but I’ve been going crazy not being able to run out for a takeaway coffee. I’ve thought about getting a Nespresso machine for years, but coffee isn’t something I need to drink everyday so I never pulled the trigger. Well, now that the option to run out for a cappuccino has been taken away, I decided it was the perfect time to take the plunge. I got an overwhelming amount of positive feedback on this particular machine (you guys love your coffee!!), and Nespresso is currently running a promotion on it. With the purchase of any Vertuo machine, you get 100 free Nespresso pods! All I had to do was register the serial number on the Nespresso site, and my pods are already on the way. If you’ve been thinking about investing in a Nespresso machine now is the time do it!
- Milk Frother: You can’t purchase a Nespresso without a milk frother! I decided to order this Amazon brand one as it’s over 2/3 less expensive than the Nespresso version. I also got rave reviews from you guys on Instagram about this frother, and now that I’ve used it myself I can confirm it’s amazing! It’s SO unbelievably quiet and it made my oat milk fluffy and delicious in under a minute. Highly recommend.
- Bluetooth Speakers: While I work I like to listen to music, so I grabbed this inexpensive gold speaker to keep on my desk. It’s really small and lightweight which makes it great for travel, and it’s also waterproof! Once this is all over I can’t wait to take this to the beach.
- Adhesive Hooks: This is a really random apartment purchase, but I ordered these hooks to make a hat wall in my bedroom. I liked that they’re adhesive so I don’t have to put any holes in the wall, and I thought they looked a little more elevated than the classic white plastic Command hooks. When I’m wearing one of my hats I won’t mind having these black hooks exposed!
- Door Knobs: One of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to elevate Ikea furniture is by switching out the knobs. I ordered these to put on my Ikea wardrobe to give it a bit more of a luxe touch.
- Essie “Eternal Optimist”: I have a confession – I haven’t done my own nails in over 7 years. When I was living in NYC, getting your nails done was one of the cheapest activities you could do! I’ll never understand it, but New York truly has the most affordable manicures. The average rate for a standard mani/pedi is about $25. Even after moving to London when the prices were much higher, the habit was a hard one to break (I go bi-weekly). Social distancing has forced me to do my nails at home, but I didn’t even own nail polish! So I decided to it was time to grab a few fun colors for Spring. I also picked up a cuticle cutter!
- Essie “Geranium”: This is truly the best coral-red color and the only one you need for Spring and Summer.
- Vitamin C Supplements: With everything going on in the world right now, I think we can all agree that a little extra Vitamin C isn’t a bad idea. Even though I already caught and have recovered from the virus, we really don’t know enough yet about immunity. It’s possible I could catch it again, so I want to keep my immune system strong.
- Tie Dye Joggers: As I mentioned in my loungewear post, tie dye is a v hot trend this season. I LOVE the neutral colors on these joggers. They’re a great way to get into the trend without feeling like an 8th grade chemistry project.
- Waste Bin: Another random home purchase! I like to keep a small bin under my desk – I always find myself having random pieces of paper and things to throw away while I work. This one comes in tons of colors (I went with the cream) and is such a good price!
SHOP THE POST
I also want to take a moment to say thank you to all of the hard-working Amazon employees. It can’t be easy work right now and I’m so grateful for all of you!
I’ve been contemplating on getting the Nespresso machine! And that promo is a great deal! Might need to get it!
This looks like the perfect combo for quarantine! Thanks for the suggestions!
I love these! The tie dye pants seems so fun, I may just get a pair. 🙂
Tie Dye sweats and Essie Polish is some of my recent purchases! Love all your other picks!