With all this extra time inside, I think a lot of us have been investing in our home decor more than ever. Having a space that you love to spend time in can make this situation feel even the smallest bit more manageable. Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite recent home buys – most items are under £50, proving that you don’t have to spend a lot to make a big difference!
MY FAVORITE HOME BUYS LATELY
- Nespresso machine and milk frother: I feel like I’ve mentioned my new coffee maker so much lately, but it’s truly been such a game changer for me while WFH. I never realized how much going out and grabbing an iced latte was a part of my daily routine until I wasn’t able to do it anymore. I’ve been making iced honey lattes lately and they are SO GOOD (the cold froth setting on the milk frother is the best!).
- Gold & glass storage box: I bought this as a pretty way to store my makeup, and it exceeded my expectations. It’s under £20 but looks much more expensive, and the quality is incredible.
- Embroidered bee pillow: I love this little bee pillow! I keep it on my desk chair and it’s the perfect accent piece.
- Desk chair: Having a comfy desk chair has never been more important – bonus points if it’s chic too!!
- Gold mirror: This is honestly the mirror of my dreams, I’m so obsessed with it! Never underestimate how much a mirror can open up a space and make it feel larger.
- Patterned wardrobe knobs: Changing out the knobs on a dresser or wardrobe is such an easy and affordable way to elevate your space. I chose some pretty blue patterned knobs for my Ikea wardrobe and it instantly made it look more chic, and less Ikea.
- Jute rug: I’m a big fan of an accent rug. This one is simple, neutral, and would work in a lot of different spaces.
- White curtains: Having white curtains up (not blackout ones) is like adding a dreamy Instagram filter to your room. It makes the light so soft and pretty, and I find it really soothing!
- Waffled bath towels: If you also live in the UK or Europe then you understand the struggles of not having a tumble dryer (they’re incredibly rare over here). Hang drying fluffy towels just doesn’t work – they get stiff and crunchy after just a few washes! Enter the waffle towel. It air dries nicely and honestly makes me feel like I’m at the spa! These ones are currently on sale so I bought them in white and beige.
- Faux monstera leaf: I love having flowers and my plants in my room but I just don’t have the best green thumb – they always end up dying! I have a vase that I refill with fresh flowers every week, but the rest of my plants are faux. I love this pretty statement leaf! I’m going to put it in a bud vase on top of my dresser.
SHOP THE POST
Have you updated your home at all during this time? What did you do?
So many pretty pieces for the home! Obsessing over the gold & glass storage box and the knobs!
I’m loving these new additions lady! That little bee pillow is too cute.
Oo you got so many cute stuff! Still need to get that nespresso machine!
So many great pieces. Being stuck at home is the right time to investing in home stuff.
Oh man I don’t know what I would do without my Nespresso! I’m really into trying different coffee shop recipes with it and the milk frother right now
So many pretty home buys! I’ve been itching to add a few more pieces too 🙂 You’ve inspired me!
I really want to get a milk frother, even if it’s just for hot chocolates, I know I’d get a lot of use out of it! xo
This is such a good time to upgrade one’s home. I love all the little things you shared to improve the enjoyment of being at home. Like so many things, it’s all in the details and you nailed it.
How cool! I recently got paint to change my walls, and I’m planning to give my bedroom a makeover so this post is really really useful. Thank God for online shopping!
The bee pillow reminds me of a few Gucci pieces. So chic. And those joggers. Love. Great finds. I recently purchased a full length mirror and love it.
I am going crazy for that desk chair! I desperately need an upgrade, so you can best believe I’ll be searching the US store for that gorgeous option! Such lovely decor/indoor products!
My Nespresso machine was a recent purchase and I love it! It’s such a good time to get the home in order…it’s all I’ve been doing! xoxo, Sarah
We just got a Nespresso Machine and my husband is obsessed with it! Makes such yummy coffee drinks.