Moore Please! is a monthly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately. From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about my current favorites here!
It’s safe to say that this Moore Please! update is going to look a little different than most. I usually use these posts to chat about upcoming travels, my weekend plans, and any fun / exciting events I might have coming up. With the current lockdown, I’m clearly doing none of those things at the moment. However, I’m trying to make the most out of a difficult situation, as I’m sure we all are! My birthday is this Sunday and the weekend weather in London looks beautiful (75 and sunny) so you can find me on my patio with a giant pitcher of cosmos, Ina Garten style 😉
As some of you guys might know, last month I was sick with what I can reasonably assume was Covid-19. I wasn’t able to get tested as I didn’t meet the NHS requirements at the time (they may be different now), but given my symptoms I feel confident that I had it. It was a long two weeks and I can honestly say that this virus was one of the stranger ones I’ve had (over 3 weeks later and I’m STILL waiting for my taste and smell to come back fully – I would say I’m at 85%). The body aches were pretty unbearable, and towards the end I would wake up feeling better only to have a fever again by the evening. It was a slow recovery but I feel incredibly lucky to be able to say I made it through. As someone who was born with asthma, myself and my doctor were quite concerned about how this would progress in my lungs. I somehow managed to make it out with very minor coughing and chest pressure compared to others, and for that I am so thankful. As frustrating as it might feel to have to stay home right now, I can say from experience that it’s what we need to do to protect the ones we love.
Lately I’ve been finding it really helpful to try to focus on the things I have to be thankful for. Even if it’s something really small or trivial, if it brings you joy it counts!! Here are a few of mine recently:
- My new Nespresso machine and milk frother
- Having my health and feeling good enough to go on runs in the park again
- The fact that my new flat has outdoor space (so key with this beautiful weather!)
- FaceTime / Zoom / Houseparty dates with friends
- Excitement about heading into my third summer in London – where does the time go?! It may look different than the last two but I’m so grateful for another year in my favorite city
What are some of yours?
MOORE QUARANTINE SHOPPING
I know that shopping might not be a top priority right now, but I’ve found that ordering a few new spring pieces has brought me a little happiness during this time! Here are some of my favorites:
- This pretty gold-trimmed glass box to store my makeup
- Strappy sandals are back again this season, and these are so cute (and look at the price!)
- One of my favorite brands is currently 25% – I just grabbed this sweatshirt
- I love the simplicity of this cute little beige dress
- These jeans are comfy enough to lounge around the house in (honestly!)
- Did you catch Wednesday’s blog post? I shared some of my favorite spring outfits from seasons past
- I really want to up my cooking / baking game during quarantine, and these sour crime and chive biscuits are calling my name ( I’m working on a blog post with all of the recipes I most want to try!)
- If you haven’t read this WWD article on influencer marketing amid the pandemic, it’s worth a look
- Unless you live under a rock, you’ve probably heard of John Krasinski’s SGN (Some Good News) YouTube program that he started to share uplifting moments from around the world – I HIGHLY recommend catching up on the first two episodes if you haven’t already seen them
It’s still surreal that my birthday is this Sunday, and while it may look different that originally planned, I’m definitely going to make the most of it! Sending you all lots of love – I know it’s hard but we’re all in this together. Let’s keep flattening the curve!
That H&M gold box is adorable. I always forget they have home stuff!
What a great round up! I love SGN – such a fun idea 🙂 I’ve also been keeping a gratitude journal and it’s helped so much.
oh my gosh, girl! I am so glad you are feeling better and hopefully on the other side. these are crazy times and i wish all the best during this craziness! <3
xx rebecca // thecrystalpress.con
So glad to hear that you’re feeling better! I’m sure it was rough! Take care!
I”m so happy to hear that you’re doing better! It’s a crazy time right now and wish you all the the best!
cute & little
I”m so happy to hear that you’re doing better! It’s a crazy time right now and wish you all the the best! I can’t wait for this mess to be over!
cute & little
Glad to see that you are feeling better…must’ve been so scary to experience at the time! xoxo, Sarah
Oh my goodness gal I cannot believe you had it! I am so happy to hear you are doing better and it wasn’t as bad as you may have thought it was going to be for you. Hope you’re totally in the clear!!
xo Laura Leigh
I love this series!! And I didn’t realize you most likely had COVID-19! I’m so glad you are finally on the mend.
So glad you’re feeling better and only had a mild case of the virus. Also happy belated birthday!
Love the round up of spring outfits from the past!
I’m so sorry to hear you were so sick, but happy that you are on the mend now – so scary! I love this roundup, friend!