Now, even more than ever, small businesses need our support. Everyone has been affected by the pandemic in one way or another, but small businesses have been hit especially hard. Here are few simple ways to support your favorite local shops and business during these uncertain times.
HOW TO SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES RIGHT NOW
- Order takeaway. Many local restaurants are still offering delivery, so be sure to take advantage and order in your fave meals whenever you can! I also recommend checking their website to see if you can order direct from the restaurant instead of using a third party app like Deliveroo or Uber Eats. These companies take a cut of the restaurants profits, so try to order direct when available.
- Tip well. If you’re able to, tip your delivery drivers a little extra right now.
- Buy gift cards. Is your favorite shop or restaurant not delivering right now? Order a gift card to use when things re-open!
- Engage on social media. Liking, commenting, and re-sharing posts from your favorite brands, influencers, and restaurants is a really quick and easy way to support small businesses. Influencers are small business owners too!
- Leave a good review. Did you order a meal that you absolutely loved? Get a new pair of joggers that are softer than kittens? Now that we’re all staying home, I know you’ve got 3 minutes to spare to write a glowing review on their site!
- Share your experience on social media. Similar to leaving a good review on their site, if you had a phenomenal experience with a local shop or restaurant share it on social media and tag them!
- Shop through affiliate links. Did a blogger recommend something that you want to try? Be sure to purchase the item using their affiliate link. It doesn’t cost you, the consumer, any extra and it helps support your favorite influencers.
- Take part in online classes. Many brands and business are offering really fun online classes as a way to reach customers while we’re home. My friend Whitney of Blonde Atlas is doing some amazing online travel courses to keep your wanderlust alive, and Barry’s Bootcamp is doing free IG Live classes everyday so you can keep fit at home.
What have been some of your favorite local businesses during this time?
These are all such great ideas! It’s so important to support one another right now. Thanks for sharing this!
yes these are such great tips! We have been supporting all of our favorite restaurants through take out and gift cards. And of course, would love for people to be using our affiliate links 🙂
xx rebecca // http://www.rebecapiersol.me
These are great tips for how to support small businesses! I know it’s so hard for them right now so I’m happy people are supporting them more and doing their best to help them any way they can! Xx.
This is great advice. It breaks my heart to know that so many small business could be struggling with this pandemic. 🙁
These are such great tips for supporting small businesses! I love the one about engaging with them on social media!
cute & little
Such a crucial time to help out small biz. These are all great ideas and will be passing along the info! xoxo, Sarah
These are all such great ideas for supporting small businesses right now! We have been tipping well for takeout orders and shopping small when we can!
Yes yes yes to all of this! Love this post gal and couldn’t agree with you more! Such an important time to support small business.
xo Laura Leigh