Today I’m sharing my quick and easy morning skincare routine. It takes less than 5 minutes and is the best way to prep your skin for the day ahead.
You might find this surprising, but one of the things I’m most passionate about (besides fashion of course!) is skincare. I tend to shy away from posting about it as I would never consider myself an expert on the subject, and everyone’s skincare needs look different. Something that might work really well for me may not work for you, and that’s okay! One of my goals for the blog in 2019 was to start posting more skincare content, so here we are.
I truly believe that taking the time to have a skincare routine and investing in quality products has changed my skin for the better. I struggled with really bad acne as a teen – I even went on Accutane in high school. In college I continued to get hormonal acne and had lots of issues with redness on my face. I’ve always been the type to wash my face every night and apply moisturizer, but when I really started seeing a change was when I switched to investing in quality products. Now I rarely break out (maybe 3-4 times a year), and I feel so confident in my skin that on a day to day basis I don’t wear foundation or even a tinted moisturizer. The money I spend on skincare is saved on makeup! To kick off my skincare content, I thought I would share my quick morning skincare routine.
My Current Morning Skincare Routine
- I start every morning by wiping my face down with a micellar water wipe. I think these do the job of cleansing your face just fine in the morning since your skin is already clean from the night before. It’s more about wiping off last nights products so your skin can fully absorb the benefits of your daytime routine.
- After I wipe my face I splash a few drops of La Mer Tonic onto my fingers and press into my skin. I do this both in the morning and the evening – it helps to prep your skin for products so that you can get the most out of your skincare routine.
- The next step is serum. In the morning I use this Dermalogica Vitamin C serum, mixed with a drop of this Elemis Superfood Facial Oil. I stick to just one or two drops of oil in the morning because I don’t like to have a shiny face during the day.
- Now it’s time to apply eye cream. I use the La Mer Eye Concentrate, which I apply with the metal applicator wand it comes with. It has a cooling effect which is great for de-puffing in the morning.
- The final step is face moisturizer. I use the La Mer Matte Lotion, which is the newest addition to my routine and has been such a game changer. As I mentioned above, I personally don’t like a “glowing” look for my face, and this moisturizer really does what it promises. It leaves my skin hydrated and matte, and is the perfect base for makeup.
From start to finish this routine takes me under 5 minutes, so there’s no excuse to not be taking care of your skin every morning!
What’s your must have morning skincare product? I would love to hear about it – I’m always on the hunt for new products to try!
SHOP THE POST
GARNIER MICELLAR WIPES | LA MER TONIC | DERMALOGICA BIOLUMIN-C SERUM | ELEMIS SUPERFOOD FACIAL OIL | LA MER EYE CONCENTRATE | LA MER MATTE LOTION
*** All of the products above have been gifted, but I was not obligated to write this post. I genuinely believe in every one of these items and wanted to share them with you in the hopes you will love them as much as I do. A special thank you to all of the brands featured for your continued support. ***
Oh love this! I feel you, I used to have bad acne as well but my skin has gotten to the point where I don’t need to wear foundation and it feels SO GOOD!!! I love Elemis products as well, but in the AM I use Biologique Recherche’s P50 (I know I should probably do this at night, but it works for me in the AM!) and it’s completely changed my skin for the better! I’m obsessed with it.
x Diana // Pearl Girl
Ohhh I’ve never heard of the Biologique lotion before but I just looked it up and it sounds amazing! Adding to my skincare wish list… xx Mollie
Oh thank you! Adding to my wish-list. I was waiting for this post and finally I’ve read it! I also used to have acne, but I could overcome this with some easy rules: diet (less unhealthy food, more fruits), I don’t touch inflammations, also I don’t touch and wipe (with towels) my face, I start morning skincare with tonic (I wash my face only in the evening), then I use la Roche posay effaclar or sometimes Baziron, and 3 times a week I do clay-masks
I have heard great things about La Mer products. I need to try them! Thanks for sharing. Xo
All of these products sound amazing! I definitely want to check out the La Mer face Matte Lotion!
cute & little
I do love elemis products. I will keep them in mind whenever I am ready to update my products.
Wow – I’ve always been interested in the La Mer products… I might try them out after baby is born! I’ve never been one to do much more than splash my face with water and remove make-up with a wipe. Getting into a better routine is on my list, when life starts to slow down a little 🙂
You definitely have a great lineup! love a good skincare routine. x
I love La Mer products – thanks for sharing your routine I always love to read about different skincare routines!
I am all about the skincare routine— yours sounds great and these products sound amazing! I’ve heard it’s good to not wash your face in the morning either but havn’t tried not doing so– I love the idea of just using a wipe though!