Moore Please! is a weekly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately. From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about it here!
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a fabulous Fourth of July back in the states. Mine was spent at the luxe Coworth Park Hotel in Ascot, celebrating the launch of the new book The Almost Wife. Written by Jade Beer (Editor of Brides Magazine!), it’s story about 3 women who are brought together by the one thing they have in common – their wedding dress designer. I’m already nearly halfway through reading it, and am completely hooked! I sat next to Jade herself at the luncheon, and she is such a wonderful person and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to weddings. Book number 2 is coming out in October and I’m already looking forward to it!
Connor and I were supposed to be heading to the Henley Royal Regatta tomorrow (similar to the Veuve Cliquot Polo Match, only with rowing instead of polo), but are changing our plans last minute. After England advanced to the quarter-finals of the World Cup in Tuesdays nail-biting game, they’ll be facing Sweden tomorrow at 3pm. While I wouldn’t normally miss such a fun social event to watch a soccer game, the regatta will be around next summer, but the World Cup only comes around every 4 years. England hasn’t made it to the quarter-finals since 2006, and they haven’t advanced from the quarter-finals since 1990! It’s been so exciting to be here during one of England’s best World Cup runs in decades, so we’re heading to our local pub early to secure a spot and cheer on our team.
Big wedding update that happened this week – we booked our honeymoon!! I am SO relieved to have this big item checked off our to-do list. Initially we had planned to do a full 2 week honeymoon directly after our wedding, but since we’re getting married at the end of October, the weather in our dream honeymoon destination wouldn’t be ideal. So instead of settling on a different place, we’ve decided to do a 7 day “mini-moon” directly after our wedding (somewhere warm), and then we’ve scheduled our official 2 week honeymoon for June 2019. I can’t wait to share more about where we’re headed!! We are officially less than four months out and things are really start to amp again on the planning front. I have to order invitations, book hair and makeup, order ceremony / reception decor, and SO much more! I feel like with how quickly this summer has gone by, I’m just going to wake up one day and it will be October! Eeeek!
- Courtney shared a video on how she covers up her dark circles. She always looks so refreshed, so I was definitely taking notes!
- I found the recipe for these buffalo cauliflower tacos on Pinterest, and now I’m dying to make them. They sound easy (enough) and so so yummy!
- Tezza continues to absolutely crush it – she just released an editing app and it’s so awesome! You can download it from the iTunes Store here.
- Grace is back with her July reading list. I need to add The Hating Game to my list!
- This Twitter thread about a woman who asked someone to switch seats with her on a plane so she could sit next to her boyfriend. You won’t believe what happens next, but it’s funny, adorable, and will make you believe in love again!
- Danielle shares some awesome tips on how to create an engaged Instagram community.
Have a wonderful weekend!