That’s right – denim skirts are back in style! And honestly, I am HERE for it. Let me tell you why…
Ahhh, memories. Denim skirts take me back to the good ole’ days when I was 13, ate whatever I wanted, and wore scrunchies in my hair. Oh wait, that’s still me today… hehe 😉 But in all seriousness, jean skirts have had a serious comeback this year and I’m all about it. Not only are they really easy to wear, but they’re such a flattering option in place of denim shorts. Before I show you some of my current favorite styles, let me just mention that while it does remind me of my middle school days, these are NOT your old Hollister mini skirts – the hemlines are longer and the waists are higher (thank god). I like to think of them as the sophisticated older cousins to your 2005 minis. Warning: not to be worn with double polos.
- This Madewell version is the one I styled in these photos. I love the high waist and the medium blue wash. The raw hem is the perfect finishing touch. This skirt is perfect for brunch, shopping, beach days, etc. I found it runs a bit small – I sized up one size.
- This Topshop skirt is on my wish list. The midi length, that slit, the wash… It’s all SO good!
- Love the idea of a white version for summer. The buttons down the front of this Madewell one make it feel really special.
- The distressing on this one is just enough. And I love the step hem detailing too!
- A black version is perfect for a night out! I’ve heard great things about this brand but haven’t tried it myself.
What do you guys think? Will you give denim skirts another chance?
Photos by Allie Provost