Hi friends, Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week – I apologize for my lack of posts the past few days. It wasn’t a planned break, but I ended up deciding to relax and enjoy my Cape Cod vacation work free! I’m still on the Cape through tomorrow, but I wanted to hop on today to share the pieces that I purchased yesterday from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I know there’s a TON of hype around this sale, so I thought I would share my personal experience and opinion on it.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: THE BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR
For those of you who aren’t familiar, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is Nordies biggest sale of the year. Every July they release brand new fall items, and for a limited time they sell them at reduced prices. What makes this sale different from others is that instead of shopping sale pieces at the end of the season, you’re shopping them for the season ahead (fall)! It can be hard to think about wearing UGG boots and sweaters in the middle of July, but once fall rolls around you’ll be happy you picked up a few items on sale. I apologize if this is all redundant for you, I know I sound like a blogger broken record. But I want to make sure I’m thorough in my posts, because while I may follow 100 bloggers all explaining the same thing, some of you may only follow a handful! As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions. I would love be a resource to help you navigate this sale!
MY THOUGHTS ON THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
Now here’s where I’m gonna get real – I wasn’t too impressed with the selection. This is definitely an unpopular opinion, especially in the blogging community where this sale is considered the holy grail of sales, but I found it to be pretty underwhelming. It was all the same stuff that they sold last year! From the Tory Burch bags, to the AG jeans, to the Lush tunics – so many of these items are exact dupes from previous years. From a retail perspective, I understand why this is. These are the items that have performed well in the past, so they continue to bring them back year after year. But from a consumer perspective, I’m so sick of seeing that Tory Burch swingpack on every blogger and their mother LOL. I really miss the way this sale used to be – I remember one year they even had Chloé bags! The designer section was ridiculously disappointing this season.
HOW TO SHOP EARLY ACCESS
With all that said, I DID shop the sale and find some things that I’m excited about. In order to shop the sale now (both in stores and online), you have to be a Nordstrom credit or debit card holder. I opened up a card last month in order to shop the sale early access this year, but to be honest I would have been okay with waiting too. If you don’t have a Nordstrom card, don’t worry. The sale opens to the public on July 21st, and there will plenty of items left to shop.
WHAT I BOUGHT FROM THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE & WHY
1. Longchamp ‘Le Pliage’ Expandable Tote: Guys, I haven’t worn a Longchamp bag since 2012 – but there was something about the pretty pink color that caught my attention, and at $125 (normally $195) the price seemed fair too. I also LOVE the expandable feature, which will make it great for traveling.
2. Vince ‘Milo’ Loafers: These are my biggest “splurge” item, and I have no idea if I will end up keeping them or not. I love the blush suede, and the simple clean lines of the loafer. It’s going to come down to comfort and quality – they have to be worth the price point! I’ll keep you posted!
3. BP. Woven Twill Tunic: At just over $30, this shirt was a no-brainer for me. I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect oversized white button up since last year, so I’m hoping this one meets my expectations.
4. AG The Legging Step Hem Ankle Jean: Okay, so I know I made fun of Nordstrom for bringing back the same AG jeans every year, but these ones are amazing. I LOVE the distressing and the raw hem. I still think they’re crazy expensive so I’m not sure if I’ll keep them, but I’m excited to try them on.
5. UGG ‘Naiyah’ Shearling Boots: I have zero shame in my UGG game – I literally love UGGs in the fall and winter. Living in New York, I don’t see nearly as much snow as I did in the Midwest, so UGG boots are actually a practical choice. They keep my feet super warm, and I’m not getting them soaked with snow. I like this pair because they have more of a sturdy sole, which I’m hoping will mean better traction!
6. Halogen Long Ribbed Cardigan: This is one of the pricier long cardigans in the sale at $60, but I wear these to death in the fall – and from my experience this brand is higher quality than the lower priced BP. cardigans. I purchased it in the grey because I was kicking myself last year for not getting this color! I also love the cloud color too, and may end up purchasing it after I try on the grey one.
7. PJ Salvage Pajama Set: Ask Connor – I’m a total sucker for PJ sets. When I saw this adorable pink elephant print, I knew I had to have it. I would say the chances of me returning these are slim to none.
8. BP. Multicolor Square Scarf: I have NO idea if this scarf is going to be a nice and oversized blanket scarf or if it will be awkward and small, but I loved the colors so I ordered it anyways. It’s only $19 – I figured it was worth a shot!
9. Adidas ‘Tubular Viral 2’ Sneakers: Funny story, I actually bought these sneakers at the Adidas store in the city about 3 weeks ago. I had no idea they would be included in the sale! I haven’t worn them yet, so I ordered them from Nordstrom at the sale price and will be returning the pair I bought from Adidas. I was pretty shocked to see a shoe that Adidas is currently selling in the sale! I think these sneakers are a great purchase, they are really comfy and good quality. They run TTS.
10. Caslon Cabled Cowl Neck Pullover: I was surprised that I didn’t find this sweater in more sale roundups from other bloggers. I love everything from the chunky fit to the slight balloon sleeve. As long as it’s not itchy, this sweater is a done deal for me.
11. Halogen Scalloped Shift Dress: I really focused on fall items during the sale, and this is probably one of the few items I ordered that would be great to wear now. The light blue color is just gorgeous and the scallop edging is a nice touch. I have my fingers crossed that it’s as cute in person!
12. Leith Easy Circle Cardigan: To be honest, I’m not sure if I’m going to like this sweater. I fell in love with the pink color, which is why I ordered it, but I typically stay away from cocoon style cardigans. For $50 I would really have to LOVE it in order to justify keeping it. I’ll let you guys know what I think!
And there you have it! I’ll be sure to update you next week after I’ve had a chance to try everything on. I’ll give you the deets on all the items I purchased from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, from the fit to the way the fabric feels. I’ll also fill you in on which items make the cut! What would be most helpful for you – mirror try on pics or a fully styled/ professional shoot? I may do both, but would love to hear from you! Enjoy your weekend and happy shopping 😉
PS. My new Friday series, Moore Please!, is still around! I wanted to focus today’s post on the sale, but it will be back to regular programming next week.