Moore Please! is a weekly Friday series where I can just chat about what’s been on my mind lately! From what I’ve been eyeing & buying, to personal updates, to weekend plans – you can read all about it here.
If you can believe it, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still going strong for another week! To be honest, I would say most of it is pretty picked over at this point. If you missed out on something you love, don’t give up hope! Things are very sporadically being restocked, so keep checking back and you might get lucky. I’ve been randomly browsing the sale throughout the week, and found a few more fully IN STOCK items that I love, and also some major misses. I thought I would share both with you today!
- These Vince slip on sneakers. Holy comfortable. I’m not sure how they are still in stock, but they are! I purchased the pewter velvet and am in love. It’s a gorgeous slate grey and I know I will be wearing them allllll the time in fall. I sized down a half size.
- This Spanx bralette. TBH with you guys, I literally don’t wear bras anymore. I just can’t with how uncomfortable they make me feel. With the surge in popularity of bralettes, I don’t see the need to deal with discomfort when there are so many other options. I love how this Spanx one really smooths everything out. I can tell that it won’t give out on hold by the end of the day! I stayed TTS, but it is tight (I wanted it to be this way). I tried on one size bigger as well, and it also fit but I felt less supported, so I went with the M (I’m a 34C for reference).
- These Yummie high waisted black leggings. I bought 3 pairs!! These are going to be my new go-to leggings for fall and winter (along with these faux leather ones). I’m someone who likes COTTON leggings vs athletic leggings – I’m just more comfortable in them! Workout leggings are for the gym, and I just can’t get behind wearing Zella or lululemon with sweaters and boots. These Yummie leggings are thick, not see through at all, and really hold everything in place! They run TTS.
- This cashmere cardigan in heather grey. YES, it is a splurge piece. But that was my main focus during this years sale! The quality matches the price, and it honestly feels like you’re wrapped in a giant blanket. I know I will be wearing this an excessive amount next season. It runs TTS.
- These Lucky Brand ankle booties. I’ve been on the hunt for a flat ankle height bootie for what feels like several seasons now. I loved the back tie detailing on these, but something about them was just off. Unfortunately, they have to go back and my bootie hunt continues.
- This pair of AG boyfriend jeans. If you know me well, then you know that boyfriend jeans are my jam. I wear them all the time because they’re just so comfy! This pair, however, was not my favorite. The quality of the denim was definitely there, but they didn’t add any stretch which made them stiff and uncomfortable. They were also too cropped for my taste, so they were returned!
- This cashmere wrap – it was weirdly short in the front. If you’re looking for a good cashmere wrap, I did love this one.
I’m not sure if you guys have noticed a pattern, but I’ve really stayed true to how I wanted to shop the sale, and stuck to basics and splurge worthy pieces. The list of items that I’m keeping includes Vince shoes, cashmere sweaters and wraps, AG and Rag and Bone denim, basic bras and leggings, and a Longchamp tote. This is the first year I stayed away from the lower priced “trendier” items of the sale, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchases. I hope everyone else has had a successful sale experience, I would love to hear about your wins and fails!
Thank you to everyone who reached out in support of last weeks post. I appreciate your words more than you know! I’ve decided to take a few steps back from blogging and focus on all the awesome things I’ve got going on in my personal life. When I initially launched Mollie Moore, the goal was to have 5 posts a week – for right now, I’m putting that plan on hold. You can expect around 2 posts per week throughout the rest of the summer, and I plan on reevaluating in the fall. In full transparency, I would love to take a few weeks off, but I do have some contractual obligations that prevent me from doing so. Thank you for respecting this decision to scale it back, and continuing to support me and my little corner of the internet!
Connor and I are headed into New Jersey tomorrow for a friend’s going away party. He lives right on the ocean, so I can’t wait to get some beach time in!
I love how Shelby styled her suede sneakers! Such a cute way to revamp your summer wardrobe.
Laura’s home decor picks from the #NSale are seriously goals! I would buy every single item!
Courtney shares the best summer beauty hacks! She is seriously my go-to girl on all things hair and makeup.
Can someone make me this loaded caprese grilled cheese for lunch?!
I love how Kendall styled a suede Moto jacket in this post. She looks so chic!