It’s no secret that us bloggers are basically glued to our phones, but what is it that we’re always working on? It might not be what you think – at least for me! I probably spend only about 25% of my phone time on social media. The rest of the time is spent on emails and in various apps. Today I’m sharing my top 5 most used apps on my phone and why I love them.
When I first sat down to write this post, Instagram is of course the first app that came to mind. However, I decided not to include all of the social apps (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest), because you’re probably using these apps even if you’re not a blogger! It seems like such a no brainer that they’re all MUST HAVE apps for bloggers in order to maintain your social media presence. For this post, I decided to focus on the lesser known apps that I couldn’t run my blog without.
5 Essential Apps for Bloggers
1. RewardStyle / LTK app – This app is a very important part of any blogger’s business. By using this app, bloggers have the ability to link to every item of clothing they’re wearing and connect it to their Instagram. And it’s not limited to just clothing – beauty, home decor, cooking utensils, etc can all be linked! This makes it easier for readers (you guys!) to shop your favorite bloggers Instagram’s. If you have any questions about this app, you can ready more about it here.
2. Planoly – I swear by Planoly to plan out my Instagram feed. You can upload 30 images a month for free, but I always end up uploading more than that. I upgraded to the most basic plan for a small fee of $7 per month, which allows me unlimited uploads. I use this app to plan out my posts days in advance so that I’m not scrambling to get a post up every night. Sometimes I’m totally on top of this, and sometimes I’m not. But whether I’m planning a post for the next week or for the next hour, I never post without putting it into Planoly. I’m a very visual person, so having a feed that flows is something that I am very passionate about.
3. Dropbox – Dropbox is hands down the best way to save and share photos. You will definitely want to upgrade to a Dropbox Business Plus in order to have the space to store all of your images. It costs $8.25 per month – but in my opinion, that’s a small price to pay for the safe storage of all your hard work! It’s also one of my favorite ways to get my edited DSLR images onto my phone. The export feature in Dropbox downloads the images in perfect quality!
4. VSCO – I’m not trying to be dramatic or anything, but VSCO is honestly the love of my life. This ties back into having a cohesive Instagram feed, which I mentioned earlier. VSCO has tons of filters you can choose from to make your photos look and feel very similar, no matter where you are or what you’re wearing. Some great examples of beautiful and cohesive feeds are Ohh Couture and Kae Sutherland.
5. Facetune – I feel like Facetune has an incredibly bad rep because it’s knows as the app that bloggers use to make themselves look skinnier. However, there are so many other things you can do with this app that don’t involve photoshopping yourself. I like to use it to bring out the details on my clothing, such as embroidery or a pretty pattern – this way the small details of my outfit really pop! I also like to use it to smooth out any wrinkles in my clothes (looking at you linen), and make my whites really crisp. There are so many things you can do with this app to enhance your photos (especially iPhone pics!), and I think it deserves a little more credit!
What are your favorite apps for bloggers to use ? If you’re not a blogger, do you use any of these apps for your business or just personal use? I would love to hear about it!