Happy Wednesday friends! Although I’m not too excited to admit it, today is my 26th birthday. I’m officially closer to 30 than I am to 21…. Man is that a scary thought. In lieu of my usual #OOTW post, I wanted to do something a little special. I’m still trying to figure out ways to incorporate more personal posts onto the blog (I’m working on a new series for the summer so stay tuned for that…), and I thought it would be fun to share 26 little facts you don’t know about me, in honor of turning 26.
26 Things About Me You Might Not Know
- I spent most of my childhood in Wisconsin, but I was actually born in Massachusetts and lived there until I was 7. Because of this, the Patriots are my second favorite football team (after the GB Packers of course 😉 ). I always joke that my ideal Super Bowl would be a Patriots vs Packers game, because I would be happy no matter who wins!
- I’m an only child.
- I can NOT tan. I have very fair skin, and it stays that way year round. Self tanner is my jam!
- I’m currently reading Harry Potter for the first time. I’m on the third book and couldn’t be more obsessed. I can’t wait to have a major Harry Potter movie marathon once I finish all the books!
- My all time favorite snack is chips, especially garden salsa Sun Chips.
- Connor and I aren’t in a place where we’re ready to take on a puppy quite yet, but when we do I want a Pomsky (Pomeranian x Husky.)
- In 7th grade I dyed my hair dark brown. It was awful.
- My all time favorite TV show is Friends (although Gilmore Girls is giving it a run for it’s money!). I think I’ve seen every episode at least 5 times.
- While I did quit my corporate job last year to pursue my blog more seriously, I also nanny for two of the most amazing kids I’ve ever met. I could write a whole post about how much I love them and it still wouldn’t be enough!
- I HATE bananas.
- I get really bad car sickness. I can’t even look at my phone on a road trip, it’s terrible!
- I will forever be “Team LC”.
- My favorite thing to splurge on is handbags.
- I was in forensics in middle school. My category was “informative speech”, and my topics were Lizzie McGuire, French Fries, and The Olympics. #nerdalert
- The number one place on my travel bucket list is the Amalfi Coast. I’m hoping to get there sooner rather than later!
- I will always choose vanilla over chocolate.
- I was a Delta Gamma in college. ITB!!
- I’m obsessed with moisturizer, and I pile it on after every shower (even when I was a kid!). The feeling of dry skin makes me cringe.
- My favorite time of the week is Sunday morning.
- I love anything with a floral flavoring, such as a rose macaron or a lavender latte.
- I lived in Vancouver during the summer of 2012 to intern with lululemon athletica.
- I’m a terrible cook. Thank God for Trader Joe’s frozen section.
- If I could have any profession in the world I would love to be a singer. Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I was blessed with a beautiful singing voice! That doesn’t stop me from belting it out in the shower though…
- I’m so bad at returning texts. If you’ve texted me and I didn’t respond, I sincerely apologize – It’s not you, its me.
- I get a hangover from 2 glasses of wine these days. Welcome to 26.
- If I could give some advice to my younger self, it would be to not worry so much about what other people think. And to wear more sunscreen.