As you guys probably know, I’ve really been making an effort to up my fitness game in 2017. Between getting back into running and regularly attending classes at Pop Physique, I’m feeling better than ever! I’m not sure how much weight I’ve lost – I don’t weigh myself because I truly think that the number on the scale is simply a number, and my fitness goals are much more about how I feel vs how I look. What I do know is that I’m down a jeans size, and can feel myself getting stronger with each run! And IMO that means so much more than any number on a scale. Today I thought I’d share with you my gym bag essentials that I bring with me to every Pop Physique class. I would seriously be lost without these items!
- Extra Hair Ties. I have very thick, long hair and it doesn’t take much for me to break a hair tie. I’ve recently discovered this brand, and I’m obsessed with them. I have yet to break one, and they don’t pull at my hair. I always like to keep a few with me at all times.
- Deodorant. Let’s be honest here ya’ll, we all smell a little stinky after a good workout. That’s the way it should be! My favorite is Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant – I’ve been using it for years now! I love that it offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection, plus the added skincare benefits of Dove 1/4 moisturizers and NutriumMoisture. This means smoother, softer, and odor free underarms! I keep these handy in my gym bag to swipe on before my class, and then again right after as a quick way to freshen up.
- Protein Bars. It’s not unusual for me to go right from Pop Physique to running errands, especially on the weekends. Sometimes I splurge on a $12 green smoothie, but most days I have a quick protein bar until I can get home and make something myself. This brand of bars is my fave, the Birthday Cake flavor is amazing!
- Barre Socks. At Pop Physique you are required to wear socks during class, and sticky barre socks vs regular socks are recommended so that you don’t slip. I have so many pairs of these socks, I can’t resist the fun colors!
- Headphones. While I don’t need these during class, I like to listen to some pump up music on my way there to get me in the mood for a good workout. I feel like it mentally prepares me to crush my class!
What do you guys keep in your gym bag? I love hearing about tips and tricks I’ve never thought of!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.