Well hello there 2017, I sure am happy to see you! New Years Day always feels like the chance to start fresh. Enter New Years resolutions… but I’m pretty sure the success rate of said resolutions is about 0.007%. Possibly less, TBPH. Today I’m sharing 17 of my 2017 resolutions with you, in no particular order. If you catch me breaking any of these, I give you full permission to call me out on it! Let’s hold each other accountable!
- Learn how to use my new camera. My mom bought me a Canon Rebel camera on Black Friday as an early Christmas gift. I really want to take a photography class so I can use it to its full potential!
- Floss more. Dental hygiene is important kids.
- Take full advantage of living NYC. In such a big city, it’s easy to get stuck in the comfort of your own, familiar little neighborhood. But this city has SO much to offer, and I want to try to see as much as I possibly can while I’m here. I don’t have plans to move anytime soon, but I also know I won’t live here forever. There’s no time like the present!
- A big resolution for both myself and Connor is unplugging more. As a blogger, I find this one especially hard, but I think it’s so important to step away from our phones for our overall well being!
- Speaking of well being, I need to get my ass back to the gym. For real, this is a top priority for me as we head into the new year. It’s not about the weight loss, but about how I feel. I’m healthier and happier when I work out!
- I want to run at least one half marathon this year. I’ve run several half marathons, and even a full, but this past year I didn’t participate in a single race (not cool 2016 Mollie, not cool).
- Read more books.
- Expand the blog. I started Mollie Moore because of my love for fashion and styling, but I have so many other interests outside of retail. I can’t wait to start sharing different kinds of content with you guys (and please send in any and all suggestions of what kinds of things you want to see here!!).
- Travel travel travel. I want 2017 to be THE year of traveling.
- Speaking of travel, Connor and I are also starting a strict “no gifts” policy this year. We want to use any money that we would spend on gifts and put it towards travel and experiences!
- Stay more organized. Now that I have a brand new computer and desk space, I feel totally ready to crush 2017.
- Focus on ME and me only. I think in blogging it can be all too easy to try and “keep up the Joneses” so to speak. In a day and age where buying followers and likes is commonplace, the comparison game is useless, as it can be hard to tell what’s genuine and what’s bought. I want to continue to share original content with you guys and grow organically – buying any type of Instagram engagement is like a cheating on a test, and I am so not down with that (except for AP Psychology, because that class was hard AF).
- Spend less on material things aka only buy the pieces I can’t live without. This is another thing I have a hard time with as a blogger, and as a fashion enthusiast, but I’m at a point in my life where I really feel like I have everything I need! I would rather put my extra cash money into savings or towards a trip.
- Learn how to cook at least one thing really, really well. I’m not talking cook it once and call it a day. I want to MASTER the art of cooking something, I’m thinking lasagna because it’s Connors fave.
- Speaking of food, this resolution might be contradictory to my previous resolution of learning to master the art of lasagna, but I want to make a conscious effort to eat a little healthier. I wouldn’t say I eat unhealthy, but there is definitely room for improvement. My goal is to drink one green smoothie a day (recipes welcome!).
- Finish decorating our apartment. In April we will have lived here for 2 years, and we still have so much empty wall space! We already know we’re staying in the same apartment for at least another year, so it’s time to finally get some art on those walls.
- Be more open to vulnerability. Talking about the easy stuff in life is, well, easy. If you’ve been reading Mollie Moore for awhile, you know that I don’t often share bits of my personal life. I’m going to make a conscious effort to change that in 2017, because no ones life is picture perfect. Everyone has to have the lows to make the highs that much sweeter, and I want to do a better job of sharing all aspects of my life with you!
Whew, that was a lot. If you actually read through all of that, thank you! I don’t know if I say it enough, but I really do appreciate all of YOU. It’s a saturated blog market out there and I can’t thank you enough for continuing to support me and my little corner of the internet. What are some of your biggest resolutions this year? I would love to hear about them!
Cheers to an amazing year ahead, I have a good feeling about 2017!